Football season is upon us and this means that you need to be prepared to host the best football watch party. It’s easy to throw together a couple of snacks, pop open some beer, and call it a day. However, if you want your guests to keep coming back for more (and why wouldn’t they?), you’ll want them to have an experience that’s as enjoyable as possible—this includes everything from the food on their plate to the company around them. So here are some great tips for hosting the perfect football watch party:
Invite Guests Ahead Of Time
Inviting guests ahead of time is the first step in creating an amazing football watch party. If you’re inviting your friends and family to the event, it’s important that you send them a message as soon as possible so they can plan accordingly. Check the NFL schedules ahead of time to find out which dates work for you and your friends.
- Sending out a group text or email is ideal because most people use their phones for communication.
- Make sure to invite guests at least a week ahead of time because this will give them enough time to plan for it. You don’t want them arriving at your door with no food!
- While making plans with your friends, check if they can bring drinks and/or snacks to share with everyone at the party (especially if you don’t want to be in charge of cooking everything for the whole party), it will make things more convenient for everyone involved!
Give Your Watch Party a Theme
- Choose a theme. Make sure it’s fun, easy to decorate, and that you can find cheap decorations everywhere. If you’re doing a holiday theme, check out all of the things in your house that have symbols of the holiday that you can use as decorations. For example, if you’re doing a Christmas watch party and have kids around: they are going to love decorating their paper footballs with markers!
- Decorate your place with cheap and easy-to-find decorations. Themed paper goods like napkins, plates and cups (even edible ones), chalkboard signs are all great options for adding some flair to your game day festivities without breaking the bank on expensive decorating items.
Make Sure You Have The Right Snacks
Make sure you have plenty of food. You don’t want to run out before halftime, and you don’t want to be scrambling for more during a big play.
Make sure everyone can enjoy the food. If you’re hosting a party with friends or family who are vegans, vegetarians, or gluten-free like myself, it’s important that your menu reflects this diversity. Don’t just assume everyone will eat hot dogs and potato chips!
Make sure your snacks are easy to transport and serve (and clean up after). Football parties tend to take place at someone’s house—which means you’ll probably need some kind of tableware on hand. Disposable plates and cutlery work well here—just make sure there’s enough for everyone attending! It’s also helpful if these items are easy (and cheap) enough so as not to cause any embarrassment if they’re not returned home with guests afterward sports streaming—no one wants weird looks from their neighbors because they forgot what was theirs at the end of an outdoor event!
Deck Out Your Watch Room with the Right Tech
- Streaming vs. cable: If you’re looking for a cheap or even free way to watch the game, sports streaming is the way to go. Services like Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and DIRECTV STREAM offer packages as low as $30 per month that include NFL games—and you can watch every single one of them live on your computer or phone, in addition to your TV.
- Make sure your TV has a good picture: To get the best picture possible for streaming football games, make sure your TV has HD resolution and at least 720p resolution (1080p is better). You can also use a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player if that’s what fits into your budget; they usually cost $100–300.
- Have good audio: Having good sound during football season means more than just putting on some headphones while watching at home—it also means having speakers so everyone can hear what’s going on in the game without turning up their TVs too loud. For this purpose, we recommend buying either a sound bar ($150+) or a surround sound system ($300+). Both options will help fill out the room with crisp highs and booming lows so there are no missed plays because not everyone could hear them well enough!
- Connecting to Wi-Fi: Do not forget about internet access! If there isn’t an Ethernet cable available where you plan on watching from this year then having wireless internet access should be a top priority when setting up all devices (phones included!). Make sure each device connected has a place near its power source so it doesn’t run out before halftime starts.”
Before the event, you want to do a test run of your equipment. This includes:
- The streaming device(s) and streaming service(s) you plan on using. Make sure everything is working properly.
- The audio and video quality of the stream itself, as well as any sound systems you’ll be using for music or commentary purposes. If you have an HDTV with built-in speakers, it’s important to make sure those are working too!
- Seating arrangements—this is especially important if there’s going to be food involved in your party; if possible, try to seat people according to their appetites so that everyone gets an equal share of whatever snacks are being served at any given time (this may require some creativity).
Create Comfortable Seating Arrangements
Provide adequate seating and make sure it’s comfortable. The best football watch parties are the ones where guests can sit back, relax and enjoy themselves. You want everyone to be able to see the big screen from their seats, which means you should have a few different arrangements available—for example, chairs set up in rows close together or couches set up in front of an open space with people sitting on them.
Make sure you have enough seating options so that everyone has room to stretch out and get comfortable while they watch the game. And if you can find some furniture that’s sturdy enough to handle jostling during intense moments of action, even better!
Hosting a football watch party is a lot of fun, and it gives you an opportunity to enjoy the game with friends. These tips will help you make your next watch party even better than the last.