What to Choose: Flutter vs React Native vs Xamarine
Mobile applications have become a part of our daily life. Every day we all use mobile phones to make purchases, pay bills, access our bank accounts, manage our social networks, and so on. It’s safe to say that the future belongs to high-quality applications.
For development, you need to be able to choose high-quality platforms or have good react native developers. In this article, we will look at the features of react native, xamarin, and flutter.
When we develop a mobile application, the main goal is not only to improve the user experience when using our application but also to increase the return on investment as a company. With all this, the question always arises, which platform is best to use to create an effective mobile application.
Depending on the technology used, mobile applications are divided into three types: native applications, mobile web applications, and hybrid applications. Most applications are built on a hybrid cross-platform solution that perfectly matches business requirements.
All about Flutter
Flutter – it allows us to easily and easily develop multi-platform mobile applications. We don’t need to create separate apps for iOS and Android. All we need is a single code base for both platforms.
What is Flutter?
It is a free and open-source platform. It is based on Dart, a fast object-oriented programming language that is very easy to learn. It provides us with its gadgets, drawn with its excellent rendering engine. They are fast, beautiful, and easily adjustable. The Flutter architecture is based on reactive programming which is very popular today.
- Write code faster, which usually takes seconds, and helps teams add features, fix bugs, and experiment faster.
- To implement the idea, developers just need to write a code base that is used for applications running on Android and iOS platforms.
- Having the same application for the two platforms means that testing takes less time and the quality assurance process can be faster.
- It’s easy to create and customize widgets like Material Design widgets or Cupertino widgets.
- Ideal for MVP (Model View Controller) helping us to build an application in less time.
Let’s start with the fact that this platform was introduced back in 2015. With it, you can develop cross-platform applications. React Native has become an ideal environment for most developers due to its benefits. If you want to get a helping hand with development, you can work with react native developers.
Pros of React Native
- React Native offers several ready-to-use elements that can speed up development time.
- Hot Reload: We can quickly reload our application without recompiling.
- Direct use of native code to optimize our application to a high level.
- Shared code on both platforms: iOS and Android.
- Accelerate app development with prebuilt elements.
- Access to built-in features such as camera, accelerometer, etc.
- High-quality mobile interface.
What is Xamarin?
If we talk about xamarin, then this development environment appeared back in 2011. A little later, it was acquired by Microsoft. Xamarin was intended to address the widespread problem of disconnected technologies to encourage native application development using an open source platform.
Benefits of Xamarin
- The framework uses the C# language, which works great on a large number of platforms (Android, iOS, and Windows).
- More than 1.4 million developers used Xamarin in the first quarter of 2017 due to its ability to write native user interface code for mobile development.
- If we create an app for multiple platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, etc.), we may share or reuse much of your code in the app for other platforms.
- Access to native API: We can add platform-specific features to your application.
- The various controls and layouts provided in Xamarin help speed up the development process.
- Accelerated app development with NuGet plugins and Xamarin.
- Used by numerous well-known brands, this cross-platform application development framework offers an experience of developing outstanding native application interfaces that successfully overcome the limitations of hybrid applications.
These three frameworks are great for developing successful mobile apps. It’s hard to say which one is the best. All we need is to think about which framework will be the most suitable for developing your particular mobile application and which one is best for business. Some prefer React Native coding, others prefer Flutter, and some consider Xamarin to be the best option. Everything is individual. If you need help, you can hire angular developers.