Benefits Of FOIA Request Management Software
Public record requests are not new. It pushes agencies to look for the best software solutions to handle the vast volumes every day. While most enterprises used PDF readers, web forms, and similar applications in the past, sophisticated digitized tools are the best way forward in recent times.
Cloud-based FOIA software can help agencies streamline the process and handle all kinds and volumes of requests, ensuring the people receive what they need. The tool can quickly become indispensable to daily operations, allowing agencies to perform better and improve scalability.
Agencies yet to invest in this high-end solution can refer to the following list to understand its benefits.
What is a FOIA request?
Anyone can make these requests, provided they comply with all the regulations and describe the information they seek clearly and reasonably.
Perks of using a software
A reliable FOIA software can help agencies manage requests and streamline the entire process in no time. The following details can help new users understand the benefits of this tool better.
- Quick setup – Good tools can help companies manage tasks more efficiently, providing user-friendly dashboards and other features. Also, the vendor can help users set up the solutions quickly instead of requiring extensive manual labor.
- Low maintenance – Since the solutions are cloud-based, it eliminates the need for maintaining complex databases in various locations or modes such as emails, hard disks, drives, etc. Invariably, the maintenance of these management tools is straightforward, enabling even amateurs to learn the process quickly.
- Accelerate response times – Manually looking for each relevant document can cause stress and waste time, making the task tedious and bothersome. However, a software solution can help accelerate the response time as the process is automated, allowing the system to quickly scan vast amounts of files to find the one you are searching for.
- Reduced costs and risks – Reliable platforms provide extensive security, preventing data thefts and security breaches. They can help users collect the required data, review or redact it, and produce it on a secure platform. Also, these tools are reasonably priced, enabling even small agencies to contract with these sophisticated tools.
- Sophisticated case viewer – Dependable channels ensure that all essential files are viewable in a single window, allowing different teams to be notified once a supervisor makes a decision about the request. For example, they will know if any information in a specific document needs to be redacted before it can be sent to the party that requested it.
- Streamlines requests – Perhaps the biggest advantage of software solutions is that they can simplify the entire process instantly. For instance, it can track and assign all requests, request responses, monitor response time and ensure the requested information is delivered as per the schedule. Moreover, the tool can also track and identify the records that have been given, helping agencies simplify reporting.
Using these incredible tools can save your agency a reasonable amount of time, effort, and financial resources while ensuring FOIA request responses are top-notch. However, read about the terms and conditions properly before investing in any software.
Read also: Advantages of Search Software